The Up To The Immediate Present Guide To SY0-701 Prep
Want to know Testking SY0-701 Exam practice test features? Want to lear more about CompTIA CompTIA Security+ Exam certification experience? Study Accurate CompTIA SY0-701 answers to Renovate SY0-701 questions at Testking. Gat a success with an absolute guarantee to pass CompTIA SY0-701 (CompTIA Security+ Exam) test on your first attempt.
Online CompTIA SY0-701 free dumps demo Below:
NEW QUESTION 1
An organization wants to quickly assess how effectively the IT team hardened new laptops Which of the following would be the best solution to perform this assessment?
- A. Install a SIEM tool and properly configure it to read the OS configuration files.
- B. Load current baselines into the existing vulnerability scanner.
- C. Maintain a risk register with each security control marked as compliant or non-compliant.
- D. Manually review the secure configuration guide checklists.
A vulnerability scanner is a tool that can scan devices and systems for known vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, and compliance issues. By loading the current baselines into the scanner, the organization can compare the actual state of the new laptops with the desired state and identify any deviations or weaknesses. This is a quick and automated way to assess the hardening of the new laptops.
NEW QUESTION 2
A security analyst discovers that a company's username and password database were posted on an internet forum. The usernames and passwords are stored in plaintext. Which of the following would mitigate the damage done by this type of data exfiltration in the future?
- A. Create DLP controls that prevent documents from leaving the network.
- B. Implement salting and hashing.
- C. Configure the web content filter to block access to the forum.
- D. Increase password complexity requirements.
Salting and hashing are techniques that can improve the security of passwords stored in a database by making them harder to crack or reverse-engineer by hackers who might access the database12.
Salting is the process of adding a unique, random string of characters known only to the site to each password before it is hashed2. Hashing is the process of converting a password into a fixed-length string of characters, which cannot be reversed3. Salting and hashing ensure that the encryption process results in a different hash value, even when two passwords are the same1. This makes it more difficult for an attacker to use pre-computed tables or dictionaries to guess the passwords, or to exploit duplicate hashes in the database4.
NEW QUESTION 3
The new Chief Information Security Officer at a company has asked the security learn to implement stronger user account policies. The new policies require:
• Users to choose a password unique to their last ten passwords
• Users to not log in from certain high-risk countries
Which of the following should the security team implement? (Select two).
- A. Password complexity
- B. Password history
- C. Geolocation
- D. Geospatial
- E. Geotagging
- F. Password reuse
Password history is a policy that prevents users from reusing their previous passwords. This can reduce the risk of password cracking or compromise. Geolocation is a policy that restricts users from logging in from certain locations based on their IP address. This can prevent unauthorized access from high-risk countries or regions. References: https://www.comptia.org/content/guides/what-is-identity-and-access-management
NEW QUESTION 4
An analyst is working on an investigation with multiple alerts for multiple hosts. The hosts are showing signs of being compromised by a fast-spreading worm. Which of the following should be the next step in order to stop the spread?
- A. Disconnect every host from the network.
- B. Run an AV scan on the entire
- C. Scan the hosts that show signs of
- D. Place all known-infected hosts on an isolated network
Placing all known-infected hosts on an isolated network is the best way to stop the spread of a worm infection. This will prevent the worm from reaching other hosts on the network and allow the infected hosts to be cleaned and restored. Disconnecting every host from the network is not practical and may disrupt business operations. Running an AV scan on the entire network or scanning the hosts that show signs of infection may not be effective or fast enough to stop a fast-spreading worm.
NEW QUESTION 5
To reduce and limit software and infrastructure costs the Chief Information Officer has requested to move email services to the cloud. The cloud provider and the organization must have secunty controls to protect sensitive data Which of the following cloud services would best accommodate the request?
- A. laaS
- B. PaaS
- C. DaaS
- D. SaaS
SaaS (Software as a Service) is a cloud model that provides clients with applications and software that are hosted and managed by a cloud provider over the internet. It can move email services to the cloud by allowing clients to access and use email applications without installing or maintaining them on their own devices or servers
NEW QUESTION 6
A security administrator is setting up a SIEM to help monitor for notable events across the enterprise. Which of the following control types does this BEST represent?
- A. Preventive
- B. Compensating
- C. Corrective
- D. Detective
A SIEM is a security solution that helps detect security incidents by monitoring for notable events across the enterprise. A detective control is a control that is designed to detect security incidents and respond to them. Therefore, a SIEM represents a detective control.
Reference: CompTIA Security+ Study Guide, Exam SY0-601, Chapter 3: Architecture and Design
NEW QUESTION 7
A security team is providing input on the design of a secondary data center that has Which of the following should the security team recommend? (Select two).
- A. Coniguring replication of the web servers at the primary site to offline storage
- B. Constructing the secondary site in a geographically disperse location
- C. Deploying load balancers at the primary site
- D. Installing generators
- E. Using differential backups at the secondary site
- F. Implementing hot and cold aisles at the secondary site
* B. Constructing the secondary site in a geographically disperse location would ensure that a natural disaster at the primary site would not affect the secondary site. It would also allow for failover during traffic surge situations by distributing the load across different regions. D. Installing generators would provide protection against power surges and outages by providing backup power sources in case of a failure. Generators are part of the physical security requirements for data centers as they ensure availability and resilience. References: 1
CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam Objectives, page 8, Domain 2.0: Architecture and Design, Objective 2.1 : Explain the importance of secure staging deployment concepts 2
CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam
Objectives, page 9, Domain 2.0: Architecture and Design, Objective 2.3: Summarize secure application
development, deployment, and automation concepts 3
CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam Objectives, page 11, Domain 2.0: Architecture and Design, Objective 2.5: Explain the importance of physical security controls
NEW QUESTION 8
A desktop support technician recently installed a new document-scanning software program on a computer. However, when the end user tried to launch the program, it did not respond. Which of the following is MOST likely the cause?
- A. A new firewall rule is needed to access the application.
- B. The system was quarantined for missing software updates.
- C. The software was not added to the application whitelist.
- D. The system was isolated from the network due to infected software
The most likely cause of the document-scanning software program not responding when launched by the end user is that the software was not added to the application whitelist. An application whitelist is a list of approved software applications that are allowed to run on a system. If the software is not on the whitelist, it may be blocked from running by the system's security policies. Adding the software to the whitelist should resolve the issue and allow the program to run. References: https://www.techopedia.com/definition/31541/application-whitelisting
NEW QUESTION 9
After multiple on-premises security solutions were migrated to the cloud, the incident response time increased The analysts are spending a long time trying to trace information on different cloud consoles and correlating data in different formats. Which of the following can be used to optimize the incident response time?
- A. CASB
- B. VPC
- C. SWG
- D. CMS
CMS (Cloud Management System) is a software or platform that allows an organization to manage and monitor multiple cloud services and resources from a single interface or console. It can optimize the incident response time by providing a centralized view and control of the cloud infrastructure and applications, and enabling faster detection, analysis, and remediation of security incidents across different cloud environments.
NEW QUESTION 10
A government organization is developing an advanced Al defense system. Develop-ers are using information collected from third-party providers Analysts are no-ticing inconsistencies in the expected powers Of then learning and attribute the Outcome to a recent attack on one of the suppliers. Which of the following IS the most likely reason for the inaccuracy of the system?
- A. Improper algorithms security
- B. Tainted training data
- C. virus
- D. Cryptomalware
Tainted training data is a type of data poisoning attack that involves modifying or injecting malicious data into the training dataset of a machine learning or artificial intelligence system. It can cause the system to learn incorrect or biased patterns and produce inaccurate or malicious outcomes. It is the most likely reason for the inaccuracy of the system that is using information collected from third-party providers that have been compromised by an attacker.
NEW QUESTION 11
The most recent vulnerability scan flagged the domain controller with a critical vulnerability. The systems administrator researched the vulnerability and discovered the domain controller does not run the associated application with the vulnerability. Which of the following steps should the administrator take next?
- A. Ensure the scan engine is configured correctly.
- B. Apply a patch to the domain controller.
- C. Research the CVE.
- D. Document this as a false positive.
A false positive is a result that indicates a problem when there is no actual problem. In this case, the vulnerability scan flagged the domain controller with a critical vulnerability, but the domain controller does not run the application that is vulnerable. Therefore, the scan result is inaccurate and should be documented as a false positive.
* A. Ensure the scan engine is configured correctly. This is not the next step, because the scan engine may be configured correctly and still produce false positives due to various factors, such as outdated signatures, network latency, or misconfigured devices.
* B. Apply a patch to the domain controller. This is not the next step, because applying a patch to a system that does not have the vulnerability may cause unnecessary problems or conflicts.
* C. Research the CVE. This is not the next step, because the systems administrator already researched the vulnerability and discovered that it does not affect the domain controller.
* D. Document this as a false positive. This is the correct answer, because documenting false positives helps to improve the accuracy and efficiency of future scans and audits.
Reference: CompTIA Security+ Study Guide (PDF) - Netwrix, page 14.
NEW QUESTION 12
Unauthorized devices have been detected on the internal network. The devices’ locations were traced to Ether ports located in conference rooms. Which of the following would be the best technical controls to implement to prevent these devices from accessing the internal network?
- A. NAC
- B. DLP
- C. IDS
- D. MFA
NAC stands for network access control, which is a security solution that enforces policies and controls on devices that attempt to access a network. NAC can help prevent unauthorized devices from accessing the internal network by verifying their identity, compliance, and security posture before granting them access. NAC can also monitor and restrict the activities of authorized devices based on predefined rules and roles.
References: https://www.comptia.org/certifications/security#examdetails https://www.comptia.org/content/guides/comptia-security-sy0-601-exam-objectives https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/what-is-network-access-control-nac.html
NEW QUESTION 13
A systems engineer thinks a business system has been compromised and is being used to exfiltrated data to a competitor The engineer contacts the CSIRT The CSIRT tells the engineer to immediately disconnect the network cable and to not do anything else Which of the following is the most likely reason for this request?
- A. The CSIRT thinks an insider threat is attacking the network
- B. Outages of business-critical systems cost too much money
- C. The CSIRT does not consider the systems engineer to be trustworthy
- D. Memory contents including fileles malware are lost when the power is turned off
Memory contents including files and malware are lost when the power is turned off. This is because memory is a volatile storage device that requires constant power to retain data. If a system has been compromised and is being used to exfiltrate data to a competitor, the CSIRT may want to preserve the memory contents for forensic analysis and evidence collection. Therefore, the CSIRT may tell the engineer to immediately disconnect the network cable and not do anything else to prevent further data loss or tampering.
References: https://www.comptia.org/certifications/security#examdetails https://www.comptia.org/content/guides/comptia-security-sy0-601-exam-objectives https://resources.infosecinstitute.com/topic/memory-acquisition-and-analysis/
NEW QUESTION 14
Which of the following roles is responsible for defining the protection type and Classification type for a given set of files?
- A. General counsel
- B. Data owner
- C. Risk manager
- D. Chief Information Officer
Data owner is the role that is responsible for defining the protection type and classification type for a given set of files. Data owner is a person in the organization who is accountable for a certain set of data and determines how it should be protected and classified. General counsel is the role that provides legal advice and guidance to the organization. Risk manager is the role that identifies, analyzes, and mitigates risks to the organization. Chief Information Officer is the role that oversees the information technology strategy and
operations of the organization
NEW QUESTION 15
A security analyst was asked to evaluate a potential attack that occurred on a publicly accessible section of the company's website. The malicious actor posted an entry in an attempt to trick users into clicking the following:
Which of the following was most likely observed?
- A. DLL injection
- B. Session replay
- C. SQLi
- D. xss
Cross-site scripting is a type of web application attack that involves injecting malicious code or scripts into a trusted website or application. The malicious code or script can execute in the browser of the victim who visits the website or application, and can perform actions such as stealing cookies, redirecting to malicious sites, displaying fake content, or compromising the system. References:
NEW QUESTION 16
P.S. Dumpscollection.com now are offering 100% pass ensure SY0-701 dumps! All SY0-701 exam questions have been updated with correct answers: https://www.dumpscollection.net/dumps/SY0-701/ (0 New Questions)