Leading 1Z0-053 Practice Exam For Oracle Database 11g: Administration II Certification
Your success in Oracle 1Z0-053 is our sole target and we develop all our 1Z0-053 braindumps in a way that facilitates the attainment of this target. Not only is our 1Z0-053 study material the best you can find, it is also the most detailed and the most updated. 1Z0-053 Practice Exams for Oracle 1Z0-053 are written to the highest standards of technical accuracy.
Oracle 1Z0-053 Free Dumps Questions Online, Read and Test Now.
NEW QUESTION 1
RMAN provides more granular catalog security through which feature?
- A. Virtual private database
- B. Virtual private catalog
- C. RMAN virtual database
- D. RMAN secure catalog
- E. Oracle Database Vault
About Virtual Private Catalogs
By default, all of the users of an RMAN recovery catalog have full privileges to insert, update, and delete any metadata in the catalog. For example, if the administrators of two unrelated databases share the same recovery catalog, each administrator could, whether inadvertently or maliciously, destroy catalog data for the other's database. In many enterprises, this situation is tolerated because the same people manage many different databases and also manage the recovery catalog. But in other enterprises where clear separation of duty exists between administrators of various databases, and between the DBA and the administrator of the recovery catalog, you may desire to restrict each database administrator to modify only backup metadata belonging to those databases that they are responsible for, while still keeping the benefits of a single, centrallymanaged, RMAN recovery catalog. This goal can be achieved by implementing virtual private catalogs.
NEW QUESTION 2
Which two statements about Oracle Direct Network File System (NFS) are true? (Choose two.)
- A. It bypasses the OS file system cache.
- B. A separate NFS interface is required for use across Linux, UNIX, and Windows platforms.
- C. It uses the operating system kernel NFS layer for user tasks and network communication modules.
- D. File systems need not be mounted by the kernel NFS system when being served through Direct NFS.
- E. Oracle Disk Manager can manage NFS on its own, without using the operating system kernel NFS driver.
Direct NFS provides faster performance that what can be provided by the operating system's NFS driver as Oracle bypasses the operating system and generates exactly the requests it needs (no user configuration or tuning required). Data is cached just once in user space, which saves memory (no second copy in kernel space). Performance is further improved by load balancing across multiple network interfaces (if available).
NEW QUESTION 3
Which of the following are prerequisite steps to transport a database? (Choose all that apply.)
- A. Query the V$TRANSPORTABLE_PLATFORMS view in the source database to determine if the intended destination is listed.
- B. Verify that there are no restrictions or limitations that the source or destination database may encounter.
- C. Verify that the source and destination have the same Oracle version, critical updates, patch-set version, and patch- set exceptions.
- D. Determine if you will perform the conversion on the source or destination platform.
- E. None of the above.
NEW QUESTION 4
Which dynamic view displays the status of block-change tracking?
- A. V$BLOCK_CHANGE
- B. V$BLOCK_CHANGE_TRACKING
- C. V$BLOCKCHANGE
- D. V$BLOCK_TRACKING
V$BLOCK_CHANGE_TRACKING displays the status of block change tracking for the database.
NEW QUESTION 5
Which of the following statements best describes Flashback Versions Query?
- A. Flashback Versions Query is used to make changes to multiple versions of data that existed between two points in time.
- B. Flashback Versions Query is used to view all version changes on rows that existed between the time the query was executed and a point in time in the past.
- C. Flashback Versions Query is used to view version changes and the SQL to undo those changes on rows that existed between two points in time.
- D. Flashback Versions Query is used to view all version changes on rows that existed between two points in time.
NEW QUESTION 6
To view the results of the most recent Automatic SQL Tuning Advisor task, which sequence should you follow?
- A. EM Database home page, Software and Support, SQL Advisors, Automatic SQL Tuning Advisor
- B. EM Database home page, Software and Support, Advisor Central, SQL Advisors, Automatic SQL Tuning Advisor
- C. EM Database home page, Software and Support, Support Workbench, Advisor Central, SQL Advisors, Automatic SQL Tuning Advisor
- D. Either B or C
- E. All of the above
NEW QUESTION 7
What is the effect of increasing the value of the ASM_POWER_LIMIT parameter?
- A. The number of DBWR processes increases
- B. The number of ASMB processes increases
- C. The number of DBWR_TO_SLAVES increases
- D. The rebalancing operation in an ASM instance completes more quickly, but can result in higher I/O overhead
NEW QUESTION 8
What is the purpose of the recover command? (Choose all that apply.)
- A. Recover database datafiles from physical disk backup sets.
- B. Recover required incremental backups from physical disk backup sets.
- C. Recover required archived redo logs from physical disk backup sets.
- D. Apply incremental backups to recover the database.
- E. Apply archived redo logs to recover the database.
NEW QUESTION 9
Identify the scenarios in which the RMAN CROSSCHECR command is useful. (Choose all that apply.)
- A. To check that the obsolete backups are deleted from the repository records and from the disk.
- B. To update the RMAN repository if you delete archived redo logs with operating system commands.
- C. To update outdated information about backups that disappeared from disk or tape or became corrupted and inaccessible.
- D. To synchronize the actual files on disk or in the media management catalog with the RMAN repository for which the backup was not taken using RMAN.
Crosscheck are useful because they can do the following: (Link)
✑ Update outdated information about backups that disappeared from disk or tape or became corrupted
✑ Update the repository if you delete archived redo logs or other files with operating system commands
Use the CROSSCHECK command to synchronize the physical reality of backups and copies with their logical records in the RMAN repository.
The CROSSCHECK command checks only objects marked AVAILABLE or EXPIRED in the repository by examining the files on disk for DISK channels or by querying the media manager for sbt channels.
Meaning of Crosscheck Status: EXPIRED
Object is not found either in file system (for DISK) or in the media manager (for sbt). A backup set is EXPIRED if any backup piece in the set is EXPIRED.
The CROSSCHECK command does not delete the repository records of the files that it does not find, but updates their repository records to EXPIRED. You can run DELETE EXPIRED to remove the repository records for expired files and any existing physical files whose status is EXPIRED.
If backups are EXPIRED, then you can re-execute the crosscheck later and determine whether expired backups are available. This precaution is especially useful when you use RMAN with a media manager. For example, if some backup pieces or copies were erroneously marked as EXPIRED because the PARMS channel settings were incorrect, then after ensuring that the files really do exist in the media manager, run the CROSSCHECK BACKUP command again to restore those files to AVAILABLE status. AVAILABLE
Object is available for use by RMAN. For a backup set to be AVAILABLE, all backup pieces in the set must have the status AVAILABLE.
NEW QUESTION 10
What are three benefits of using ASM? (Choose three.)
- A. Ease of disk administration and maintenance
- B. Load balancing across physical disks
- C. Software RAID-1 data redundancy with double or triple mirrors
- D. Automatic recovery of failed disks
NEW QUESTION 11
Which of these components correctly identify the unique value of the NAME column in the DBA_RESUMABLE view?
- A. Username, instance number, session ID
- B. Instance number, username, session ID
- C. Instance number, session ID, username
- D. Username, session ID, instance number
- E. None of the above
NEW QUESTION 12
Which are the prerequisites for performing flashback transactions on your database? (Choose all that apply.)
- A. Undo retention guarantee for the database must be configured.
- B. Supplemental log must be enabled for the primary key.
- C. Supplemental log must be enabled.
- D. Execute permission on the DBMS_FLASHBACK package must be granted to the user.
NEW QUESTION 13
You configured the default backup device type as disk for RMAN backups. In your database, because of business requirements, you have to take a simultaneous duplicate backup of the data files when the RMAN BACKUP command is used.
What must you set using the RMAN CONFIGURE command to achieve this?
- A. MAXSETSIZE TO 2;
- B. DEVICE TYPE DISK PARALLELISM 2;
- C. RETENTION POLICY TO REDUNDANCY 2;
- D. DATAFILE BACKUP COPIES FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO 2;
Duplexing Backup Sets with CONFIGURE BACKUP COPIES (Link)
NEW QUESTION 14
Which method would you use to undo the changes made by a particular transaction without affecting the changes made by other transactions?
- A. Point-in-time recovery
- B. Execute the ROLLBACK command with transaction number
- C. Flashback the database to before the transaction was committed
- D. Determine all the necessary undo SQL statements from FLASHBACK_TRANSACTION_QUERY and use them for recovery
NEW QUESTION 15
To generate recommendations to improve the performance of a set of SQL queries in an application, you execute the following blocks of code:
The blocks of code execute successfully; however, you do not get the required outcome. What could be the reason?
- A. A template needs to be associated with the task.
- B. A workload needs to be associated with the task.
- C. The partial or complete workload scope needs to be associated with the task.
- D. The type of structures (indexes, materialized views, or partitions) to be recommended need to be specified for the task.
NEW QUESTION 16
You need to maintain a record of all transactions on some tables for at least three years. Automatic undo management is enabled for the database.
What must you do accomplish this task?
- A. Enable supplemental logging for the database.
- B. Specify undo retention guarantee for the database
- C. Create Flashback Data Archive in the tablespace where the tables are stored.
- D. Create Flashback Data Archive and enable Flashback Data Archive for specific tables
NEW QUESTION 17
Which of the following would be affected by setting NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS=CHAR?
- A. All objects in the database
- B. Tables owned by SYS and SYSTEM
- C. Data dictionary tables
- D. NCHAR columns
- E. CHAR columns
NEW QUESTION 18
You are using Recovery Manager (RMAN) to perform backups. In which three situations would you perform a compressed backup? (Choose three.)
- A. You are backing up to tape and your tape device performs its own compression.
- B. You are making image copies, and you have not enabled tablespace compression.
- C. You are using disk-based backups and disk space in your Flash Recovery Area, or other disk-based backup destinations are limited.
- D. You are performing your backups to some device over a network where reduced network bandwidth is more important than CPU usage.
- E. You are using some archival backup media, such as CD or DVD, where reducing backup sizes saves media costs and archival storage.
NEW QUESTION 19
Why would you run the delete obsolete command? (Choose all that apply.)
- A. To remove missing backup set pieces physically from disk
- B. To remove metadata related to backup set pieces in the control file and the recovery catalog
- C. To mark as deleted records in the control file and the recovery catalog associated with obsolete backup sets
- D. To delete backup set pieces associated with backups that are no longer needed due to retention criteria
- E. To remove old versions of RMAN backups
Deleting Expired RMAN Backups and Copies
If you run CROSSCHECK, and if RMAN cannot locate the files, then it updates their records in the RMAN repository to EXPIRED status. You can then use the DELETE EXPIRED command to remove records of expired backups and copies from the RMAN repository.
The DELETE EXPIRED command issues warnings if any files marked as EXPIRED actually exist. In rare cases, the repository can mark a file as EXPIRED even though it exists. For example, a directory containing a file is corrupted at the time of the crosscheck, but is later repaired, or the media manager was not configured properly and reported some backups as not existing when they really existed.
To delete expired repository records:
If you have not performed a crosscheck recently, then issue a CROSSCHECK command. For example, issue:
Delete the expired backups. For example, issue: DELETE EXPIRED BACKUP;
Deleting Obsolete RMAN Backups Based on Retention Policies
The RMAN DELETE command supports an OBSOLETE option, which deletes backups that are no longer needed to satisfy specified recoverability requirements. You can delete files that are obsolete according to the configured default retention policy, or another retention policy that you specify as an option to the DELETE OBSOLETE command. As with other forms of the DELETE command, the files deleted are removed from backup media, deleted from the recovery catalog, and marked as DELETED in the control file.
If you specify the DELETE OBSOLETE command with no arguments, then RMAN deletes all obsolete backups defined by the configured retention policy. For example:
NEW QUESTION 20
If you back up a database without connecting to the recovery catalog, which operations will cause the recovery catalog to be updated? (Choose all that apply.)
- A. The next time you back up the database when you are also connected to the recovery catalog and the target database
- B. The next time you are connected to the target database and the recovery catalog database and issue the resync command
- C. The next time you connect RMAN to just the recovery catalog
- D. The next time you connect to the recovery catalog and the target database with RMAN
- E. Connecting to the recovery catalog and issuing the resync all databases command
Deciding When to Resynchronize the Recovery Catalog
RMAN automatically resynchronizes the recovery catalog when
✑ RMAN is connected to a target database and recovery catalog
✑ And you have executed RMAN commands.
Thus, you should not need to manually run the RESYNC CATALOG command very often.
NEW QUESTION 21
In your database, the RESULT_CACHE_MODE parameter has been set to MANUAL in the initialization parameter file. You issued the following command:
SQL>SELECT /*+ RESULT_CACHE */ sale_category, sum(sale_amt) FROM sales GROUP BY sale_category;
Where would the result of this query be stored?
- A. database buffer cache
- B. shared pool
- C. PGA
- D. large pool
NEW QUESTION 22
View the Exhibit1 to examine the series of SQL commands. View the Exhibit2 to examine
the plans available in the SQL plan baseline. The baseline in the first row of the Exhibit is created when OPTIMIZER_MODE was set to FIRST_ROWS. Which statement is true if the SQL query in exhibit1 is executed again when the value of OPTIMIZER_MODE is set to FIRST_ROWS?
- A. The optimizer uses a new plan because none of the plans in the exhibit2 are fixed plans.
- B. The optimizer uses the plan in the second row of the exhibit2 because it is an accepted plan.
- C. The optimizer uses the plan in the first row of the exhibit2 because it is the latest generated plan.
- D. The optimizer uses the plan in the first row of the exhibit2 because OPTIMIZER_MODE was set to FIRST_ROW during its creation.
Setting the OPTIMIZER_MODE Initialization Parameter(Link)
The OPTIMIZER_MODE initialization parameter establishes the default behavior for choosing an optimization approach for the instance.
OPTIMIZER_MODE Initialization Parameter Values
✑ ALL_ROWS, The optimizer uses a cost-based approach for all SQL statements in the session regardless of the presence of statistics and optimizes with a goal of best throughput (minimum resource use to complete the entire statement). This is the default value.
✑ FIRST_ROWS_n, The optimizer uses a cost-based approach, regardless of the
presence of statistics, and optimizes with a goal of best response time to return the first n number of rows, where n equals 1, 10, 100, or 1000.
✑ FIRST_ROWS, The optimizer uses a mix of cost and heuristics to find a best plan
for fast delivery of the first few rows.
Note that using heuristics sometimes leads the optimizer to generate a plan with a cost that is significantly larger than the cost of a plan without applying the heuristic. FIRST_ROWS is available for backward compatibility and plan stability; use FIRST_ROWS_n instead.
NEW QUESTION 23
Which of these formats represents the correct hierarchy for the ADR?
- A. <diagnostic_dest>/rdbms/diag/<dbname>/<instname>
- B. <diagnostic_dest>/diag/rdbms/<instname>/<dbname>
- C. <diagnostic_dest>/diag/rdbms/<dbname>/<instname>
- D. None of the above
The location of each ADR home is given by the following path, which starts at the ADR base directory:
diag/product_type/product_id/instance_id As an example,
product_id: DB_UNIQUE_NAME instance_id: SID
For example, for a database with a SID and database unique name both equal to orclbi, the ADR home would be in the following location:
Similarly, the ADR home path for the Oracle ASM instance in a single-instance environment would be:
NEW QUESTION 24
Which two statements about the SQL Management Base (SMB) are true? (Choose two.)
- A. It contains only SQL profiles generated by SQL Tuning Advisor.
- B. It stores plans generated by the optimizer using a stored outline.
- C. It is part of the data dictionary and stored in the SYSAUX tablespace.
- D. It is part of the data dictionary and stored in the SYSTEM tablespace.
- E. It contains the statement log, the plan history, plan baselines, and SQL profiles.
NEW QUESTION 25
P.S. Thedumpscentre.com now are offering 100% pass ensure 1Z0-053 dumps! All 1Z0-053 exam questions have been updated with correct answers: https://www.thedumpscentre.com/1Z0-053-dumps/ (698 New Questions)