Validated CAS-002 Exam Questions and Answers 2019
It is impossible to pass CompTIA CAS-002 exam without any help in the short term. Come to us soon and find the most advanced, correct and guaranteed . You will get a surprising result by our .
Check CAS-002 free dumps before getting the full version:
NEW QUESTION 1
A Security Administrator has some concerns about the confidentiality of data when using SOAP. Which of the following BEST describes the Security Administrator’s concerns?
- A. The SOAP header is not encrypted and allows intermediaries to view the header dat
- B. The body can be partially or completely encrypted.
- C. The SOAP protocol supports weak hashing of header informatio
- D. As a result the header and body can easily be deciphered by brute force tools.
- E. The SOAP protocol can be easily tampered with, even though the header is encrypted.
- F. The SOAP protocol does not support body or header encryption which allows assertions to be viewed in clear text by intermediaries.
NEW QUESTION 2
A bank is in the process of developing a new mobile application. The mobile client renders content and communicates back to the company servers via REST/JSON calls. The bank wants to ensure that the communication is stateless between the mobile application and the web services gateway. Which of the following controls MUST be implemented to enable stateless communication?
- A. Generate a one-time key as part of the device registration process.
- B. Require SSL between the mobile application and the web services gateway.
- C. The jsession cookie should be stored securely after authentication.
- D. Authentication assertion should be stored securely on the client.
NEW QUESTION 3
It has come to the IT administrator’s attention that the “post your comment” field on the company blog page has been exploited, resulting in cross-site scripting attacks against customers reading the blog. Which of the following would be the MOST effective at preventing the “post your comment” field from being exploited?
- A. Update the blog page to HTTPS
- B. Filter metacharacters
- C. Install HIDS on the server
- D. Patch the web application
- E. Perform client side input validation
NEW QUESTION 4
A small company hosting multiple virtualized client servers on a single host is considering adding a new host to create a cluster. The new host hardware and operating system will be different from the first host, but the underlying virtualization technology will be compatible. Both hosts will be connected to a shared iSCSI storage solution. Which of the following is the hosting company MOST likely trying to achieve?
- A. Increased customer data availability
- B. Increased customer data confidentiality
- C. Increased security through provisioning
- D. Increased security through data integrity
NEW QUESTION 5
A developer is coding the crypto routine of an application that will be installed on a standard headless and diskless server connected to a NAS housed in the datacenter. The developer has written the following six lines of code to add entropy to the routine:
1 - If VIDEO input exists, use video data for entropy 2 - If AUDIO input exists, use audio data for entropy
3 - If MOUSE input exists, use mouse data for entropy
4 - IF KEYBOARD input exists, use keyboard data for entropy 5 - IF IDE input exists, use IDE data for entropy
6 - IF NETWORK input exists, use network data for entropy
Which of the following lines of code will result in the STRONGEST seed when combined?
- A. 2 and 1
- B. 3 and 5
- C. 5 and 2
- D. 6 and 4
NEW QUESTION 6
Every year, the accounts payable employee, Ann, takes a week off work for a vacation. She typically completes her responsibilities remotely during this week. Which of the following policies, when implemented, would allow the company to audit this employee's work and potentially discover improprieties?
- A. Job rotation
- B. Mandatory vacations
- C. Least privilege
- D. Separation of duties
NEW QUESTION 7
A security company is developing a new cloud-based log analytics platform. Its purpose is to allow:
Customers to upload their log files to the “big data” platform Customers to perform remote log search
Customers to integrate into the platform using an API so that third party business intelligence tools can be used for the purpose of trending, insights, and/or discovery
Which of the following are the BEST security considerations to protect data from one customer being disclosed to other customers? (Select THREE).
- A. Secure storage and transmission of API keys
- B. Secure protocols for transmission of log files and search results
- C. At least two years retention of log files in case of e-discovery requests
- D. Multi-tenancy with RBAC support
- E. Sanitizing filters to prevent upload of sensitive log file contents
- F. Encrypted storage of all customer log files
NEW QUESTION 8
A security administrator at a Lab Company is required to implement a solution which will provide the highest level of confidentiality possible to all data on the lab network.
The current infrastructure design includes:
The network is protected with a firewall implementing ACLs, a NIPS device, and secured wireless access points.
Which of the following cryptographic improvements should be made to the current architecture to achieve the stated goals?
- A. PKI based authorization
- B. Transport encryption
- C. Data at rest encryption
- D. Code signing
NEW QUESTION 9
The finance department for an online shopping website has discovered that a number of customers were able to purchase goods and services without any payments. Further analysis conducted by the security investigations team indicated that the website allowed customers to update a payment amount for shipping. A specially crafted value could be entered and cause a roll over, resulting in the shipping cost being subtracted from the balance and in some instances resulted in a negative balance. As a result, the system processed the negative balance as zero dollars. Which of the following BEST describes the application issue?
- A. Race condition
- B. Click-jacking
- C. Integer overflow
- D. Use after free
- E. SQL injection
NEW QUESTION 10
A penetration tester is assessing a mobile banking application. Man-in-the-middle attempts via a HTTP intercepting proxy are failing with SSL errors. Which of the following controls has likely been implemented by the developers?
- A. SSL certificate revocation
- B. SSL certificate pinning
- C. Mobile device root-kit detection
- D. Extended Validation certificates
NEW QUESTION 11
Which of the following protocols only facilitates access control?
- A. XACML
- B. Kerberos
- C. SPML
- D. SAML
NEW QUESTION 12
The Linux server at Company A hosts a graphical application widely used by the company designers. One designer regularly connects to the server from a Mac laptop in the designer’s office down the hall. When the security engineer learns of this it is discovered the connection is not secured and the password can easily be obtained via network sniffing. Which of the following would the security engineer MOST likely implement to secure this connection?
Linux Server: 192.168.10.10/24 Mac Laptop: 192.168.10.200/24
- A. From the server, establish an SSH tunnel to the Mac and VPN to 192.168.10.200.
- B. From the Mac, establish a remote desktop connection to 192.168.10.10 using Network Layer Authentication and the CredSSP security provider.
- C. From the Mac, establish a VPN to the Linux server and connect the VNC to 127.0.0.1.
- D. From the Mac, establish a SSH tunnel to the Linux server and connect the VNC to 127.0.0.1.
NEW QUESTION 13
Joe, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), was an Information security professor and a Subject Matter Expert for over 20 years. He has designed a network defense method which he says is significantly better than prominent international standards. He has recommended that the company use his cryptographic method. Which of the following methodologies should be adopted?
- A. The company should develop an in-house solution and keep the algorithm a secret.
- B. The company should use the CEO’s encryption scheme.
- C. The company should use a mixture of both systems to meet minimum standards.
- D. The company should use the method recommended by other respected information security organizations.
NEW QUESTION 14
A bank now has a major initiative to virtualize as many servers as possible, due to power and rack space capacity at both data centers. The bank has prioritized by virtualizing older servers first as the hardware is nearing end-of-life.
The two initial migrations include:
Which of the following should the security consultant recommend based on best practices?
- A. One data center should host virtualized web servers and the second data center should host the virtualized domain controllers.
- B. One virtual environment should be present at each data center, each housing a combination of the converted Windows 2000 and RHEL3 virtual machines.
- C. Each data center should contain one virtual environment for the web servers and another virtual environment for the domain controllers.
- D. Each data center should contain one virtual environment housing converted Windows 2000 virtual machines and converted RHEL3 virtual machines.
NEW QUESTION 15
A University uses a card transaction system that allows students to purchase goods using their student ID. Students can put money on their ID at terminals throughout the campus. The security administrator was notified that computer science students have been using the network to illegally put money on their cards. The administrator would like to attempt to reproduce what the students are doing. Which of the following is the BEST course of action?
- A. Notify the transaction system vendor of the security vulnerability that was discovered.
- B. Use a protocol analyzer to reverse engineer the transaction system’s protocol.
- C. Contact the computer science students and threaten disciplinary action if they continue their actions.
- D. Install a NIDS in front of all the transaction system terminals.
NEW QUESTION 16
A security researcher is about to evaluate a new secure VoIP routing appliance. The appliance manufacturer claims the new device is hardened against all known attacks and several un-disclosed zero day exploits. The code base used for the device is a combination of compiled C and TC/TKL scripts. Which of the following methods should the security research use to enumerate the ports and protocols in use by the appliance?
- A. Device fingerprinting
- B. Switchport analyzer
- C. Grey box testing
- D. Penetration testing
NEW QUESTION 17
A large organization has gone through several mergers, acquisitions, and de-mergers over the past decade. As a result, the internal networks have been integrated but have complex dependencies and interactions between systems. Better integration is needed in order to simplify the underlying complexity. Which of the following is the MOST suitable integration platform to provide event-driven and standards-based secure software architecture?
- A. Service oriented architecture (SOA)
- B. Federated identities
- C. Object request broker (ORB)
- D. Enterprise service bus (ESB)
NEW QUESTION 18
Since the implementation of IPv6 on the company network, the security administrator has been unable to identify the users associated with certain devices utilizing IPv6 addresses, even when the devices are centrally managed.
en1: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet6 fw80::fa1e:dfff:fee6:9d8%en1 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x5 inet 192.168.1.14 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.1.255 inet6 2001:200:5:922:1035:dfff:fee6:9dfe prefixlen 64 autoconf
inet6 2001:200:5:922:10ab:5e21:aa9a:6393 prefixlen 64 autoconf temporary nd6 options=1<PERFORMNUD>
media: autoselect status: active
Given this output, which of the following protocols is in use by the company and what can the system administrator do to positively map users with IPv6 addresses in the future? (Select TWO).
- A. The devices use EUI-64 format
- B. The routers implement NDP
- C. The network implements 6to4 tunneling
- D. The router IPv6 advertisement has been disabled
- E. The administrator must disable IPv6 tunneling
- F. The administrator must disable the mobile IPv6 router flag
- G. The administrator must disable the IPv6 privacy extensions
- H. The administrator must disable DHCPv6 option code 1
NEW QUESTION 19
Company XYZ has transferred all of the corporate servers, including web servers, to a cloud hosting provider to reduce costs. All of the servers are running unpatched, outdated versions of Apache. Furthermore, the corporate financial data is also hosted by the cloud services provider, but it is encrypted when not in use. Only the DNS server is configured to audit user and administrator actions and logging is disabled on the other virtual machines. Given this scenario, which of the following is the MOST significant risk to the system?
- A. All servers are unpatched and running old versions.
- B. Financial data is processed without being encrypted.
- C. Logging is disabled on critical servers.
- D. Server services have been virtualized and outsourced.
P.S. Surepassexam now are offering 100% pass ensure CAS-002 dumps! All CAS-002 exam questions have been updated with correct answers: https://www.surepassexam.com/CAS-002-exam-dumps.html (450 New Questions)