CompTIA CAS-002 Braindumps 2019
Cause all that matters here is passing exam with . Cause all that you need is a high score of . The only one thing you need to do is downloading free now. We will not let you down with our money-back guarantee.
Check CAS-002 free dumps before getting the full version:
NEW QUESTION 1
Which of the following BEST explains SAML?
- A. A security attestation model built on XML and SOAP-based services, which allows for the exchange of A&A data between systems and supports Federated Identity Management.
- B. An XML and SOAP-based protocol, which enables the use of PKI for code signing and SSO by using SSL and SSH to establish a trust model.
- C. A security model built on the transfer of assertions over XML and SOAP-based protocols, which allows for seamless SSO and the open exchange of data.
- D. A security verification model built on SSO and SSL-based services, which allows for the exchange of PKI data between users and supports XACML.
NEW QUESTION 2
A developer is determining the best way to improve security within the code being developed. The developer is focusing on input fields where customers enter their credit card details. Which of the following techniques, if implemented in the code, would be the MOST effective in protecting the fields from malformed input?
- A. Client side input validation
- B. Stored procedure
- C. Encrypting credit card details
- D. Regular expression matching
NEW QUESTION 3
The senior security administrator wants to redesign the company DMZ to minimize the risks associated with both external and internal threats. The DMZ design must support security in depth, change management and configuration processes, and support incident reconstruction. Which of the following designs BEST supports the given requirements?
- A. A dual firewall DMZ with remote logging where each firewall is managed by a separate administrator.
- B. A single firewall DMZ where each firewall interface is managed by a separate administrator and logging to the cloud.
- C. A SaaS based firewall which logs to the company’s local storage via SSL, and is managed by the change control team.
- D. A virtualized firewall, where each virtual instance is managed by a separate administrator and logging to the same hardware.
NEW QUESTION 4
An IT administrator wants to restrict DNS zone transfers between two geographically dispersed, external company DNS name servers, and has decided to use TSIG. Which of the following are critical when using TSIG? (Select TWO).
- A. Periodic key changes once the initial keys are established between the DNS name servers.
- B. Secure exchange of the key values between the two DNS name servers.
- C. A secure NTP source used by both DNS name servers to avoid message rejection.
- D. DNS configuration files on both DNS name servers must be identically encrypted.
- E. AES encryption with a SHA1 hash must be used to encrypt the configuration files on both DNS name servers.
NEW QUESTION 5
A security administrator is tasked with increasing the availability of the storage networks while enhancing the performance of existing applications. Which of the following technologies should the administrator implement to meet these goals? (Select TWO).
- A. LUN masking
- B. Snapshots
- C. vSAN
- D. Dynamic disk pools
- E. Multipath
- F. Deduplication
NEW QUESTION 6
An IT manager is working with a project manager to implement a new ERP system capable of transacting data between the new ERP system and the legacy system. As part of this process, both parties must agree to the controls utilized to secure data connections between the two enterprise systems. This is commonly documented in which of the
following formal documents?
- A. Memorandum of Understanding
- B. Information System Security Agreement
- C. Interconnection Security Agreement
- D. Interoperability Agreement
- E. Operating Level Agreement
NEW QUESTION 7
An insurance company is looking to purchase a smaller company in another country. Which of the following tasks would the security administrator perform as part of the security due diligence?
- A. Review switch and router configurations
- B. Review the security policies and standards
- C. Perform a network penetration test
- D. Review the firewall rule set and IPS logs
NEW QUESTION 8
Company XYZ provides cable television service to several regional areas. They are currently installing fiber-to-the-home in many areas with hopes of also providing telephone and Internet services. The telephone and Internet services portions of the company will each be separate subsidiaries of the parent company. The board of directors wishes to keep the subsidiaries separate from the parent company. However all three companies must share customer data for the purposes of accounting, billing, and customer authentication. The solution must use open standards, and be simple and seamless for customers, while only sharing minimal data between the companies. Which of the following solutions is BEST suited for this scenario?
- A. The companies should federate, with the parent becoming the SP, and the subsidiaries becoming an IdP.
- B. The companies should federate, with the parent becoming the IdP, and the subsidiaries becoming an SSP.
- C. The companies should federate, with the parent becoming the IdP, and the subsidiaries becoming an SP.
- D. The companies should federate, with the parent becoming the ASP, and the subsidiaries becoming an IdP.
NEW QUESTION 9
A business owner has raised concerns with the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) because money has been spent on IT security infrastructure, but corporate assets are still found to be vulnerable. The business recently implemented a patch management product and SOE hardening initiative. A third party auditor reported findings against the business because some systems were missing patches. Which of the following statements BEST describes this situation?
- A. The business owner is at fault because they are responsible for patching the systems and have already been given patch management and SOE hardening products.
- B. The audit findings are invalid because remedial steps have already been applied to patch servers and the remediation takes time to complete.
- C. The CISO has not selected the correct controls and the audit findings should be assigned to them instead of the business owner.
- D. Security controls are generally never 100% effective and gaps should be explained to stakeholders and managed accordingly.
NEW QUESTION 10
About twice a year a switch fails in a company's network center. Under the maintenance contract, the switch would be replaced in two hours losing the business $1,000 per hour. The cost of a spare switch is $3,000 with a 12-hour delivery time and would eliminate downtime costs if purchased ahead of time. The maintenance contract is $1,500 per year.
Which of the following is true in this scenario?
- A. It is more cost-effective to eliminate the maintenance contract and purchase a replacement upon failure.
- B. It is more cost-effective to purchase a spare switch prior to an outage and eliminate the maintenance contract.
- C. It is more cost-effective to keep the maintenance contract instead of purchasing a spare switch prior to an outage.
- D. It is more cost-effective to purchase a spare switch prior to an outage and keep the maintenance contract.
NEW QUESTION 11
Company XYZ has employed a consultant to perform a controls assessment of the HR system, backend business operations, and the SCADA system used in the factory. Which of the following correctly states the risk management options that the consultant should use during the assessment?
- A. Risk reduction, risk sharing, risk retention, and risk acceptance.
- B. Avoid, transfer, mitigate, and accept.
- C. Risk likelihood, asset value, and threat level.
- D. Calculate risk by determining technical likelihood and potential business impact.
NEW QUESTION 12
An information security assessor for an organization finished an assessment that identified critical issues with the human resource new employee management software application. The assessor submitted the report to senior management but nothing has happened. Which of the following would be a logical next step?
- A. Meet the two key VPs and request a signature on the original assessment.
- B. Include specific case studies from other organizations in an updated report.
- C. Schedule a meeting with key human resource application stakeholders.
- D. Craft an RFP to begin finding a new human resource application.
NEW QUESTION 13
A UNIX administrator notifies the storage administrator that extra LUNs can be seen on a UNIX server. The LUNs appear to be NTFS file systems. Which of the following MOST likely happened?
- A. The iSCSI initiator was not restarted.
- B. The NTFS LUNs are snapshots.
- C. The HBA allocation is wrong.
- D. The UNIX server is multipathed.
NEW QUESTION 14
Joe, a hacker, has discovered he can specifically craft a webpage that when viewed in a browser crashes the browser and then allows him to gain remote code execution in the context of the victim’s privilege level. The browser crashes due to an exception error when a heap memory that is unused is accessed. Which of the following BEST describes the application issue?
- A. Integer overflow
- B. Click-jacking
- C. Race condition
- D. SQL injection
- E. Use after free
- F. Input validation
NEW QUESTION 15
In an effort to reduce internal email administration costs, a company is determining whether to outsource its email to a managed service provider that provides email, spam, and malware protection. The security manager is asked to provide input regarding any security implications of this change.
Which of the following BEST addresses risks associated with disclosure of intellectual property?
- A. Require the managed service provider to implement additional data separation.
- B. Require encrypted communications when accessing email.
- C. Enable data loss protection to minimize emailing PII and confidential data.
- D. Establish an acceptable use policy and incident response policy.
NEW QUESTION 16
In order to reduce costs and improve employee satisfaction, a large corporation is creating a BYOD policy. It will allow access to email and remote connections to the corporate enterprise from personal devices; provided they are on an approved device list. Which of the following security measures would be MOST effective in securing the enterprise under the new policy? (Select TWO).
- A. Provide free email software for personal devices.
- B. Encrypt data in transit for remote access.
- C. Require smart card authentication for all devices
- D. Implement NAC to limit insecure devices access.
- E. Enable time of day restrictions for personal devices.
NEW QUESTION 17
A large organization has recently suffered a massive credit card breach. During the months of Incident Response, there were multiple attempts to assign blame as to whose fault it was that the incident occurred. In which part of the incident response phase would this be addressed in a controlled and productive manner?
- A. During the Identification Phase
- B. During the Lessons Learned phase
- C. During the Containment Phase
- D. During the Preparation Phase
NEW QUESTION 18
A security administrator was doing a packet capture and noticed a system communicating with an unauthorized address within the 2001::/32 prefix. The network administrator confirms there is no IPv6 routing into or out of the network. Which of the following is the BEST course of action?
- A. Investigate the network traffic and block UDP port 3544 at the firewall
- B. Remove the system from the network and disable IPv6 at the router
- C. Locate and remove the unauthorized 6to4 relay from the network
- D. Disable the switch port and block the 2001::/32 traffic at the firewall
NEW QUESTION 19
The organization has an IT driver on cloud computing to improve delivery times for IT solution provisioning. Separate to this initiative, a business case has been approved for replacing the existing banking platform for credit card processing with a newer offering. It is the security practitioner’s responsibility to evaluate whether the new credit card processing platform can be hosted within a cloud environment. Which of the following BEST balances the security risk and IT drivers for cloud computing?
- A. A third-party cloud computing platform makes sense for new IT solution
- B. This should be endorsed going forward so as to align with the IT strateg
- C. However, the security practitioner will need to ensure that the third-party cloud provider does regular penetration tests to ensure that all data is secure.
- D. Using a third-party cloud computing environment should be endorsed going forwar
- E. This aligns with the organization’s strategic directio
- F. It also helps to shift any risk and regulatory compliance concerns away from the company’s internal IT departmen
- G. The next step will be to evaluate each of the cloud computing vendors, so that a vendor can then be selected for hosting the new credit card processing platform.
- H. There may be regulatory restrictions with credit cards being processed out of country or processed by shared hosting provider
- I. A private cloud within the company should be considere
- J. An options paper should be created which outlines the risks, advantages, disadvantages of relevant choices and it should recommended a way forward.
- K. Cloud computing should rarely be considered an option for any processes that need to be significantly secure
- L. The security practitioner needs to convince the stakeholders that the new platform can only be delivered internally on physical infrastructure.
Thanks for reading the newest CAS-002 exam dumps! We recommend you to try the PREMIUM Certleader CAS-002 dumps in VCE and PDF here: https://www.certleader.com/CAS-002-dumps.html (450 Q&As Dumps)